Since previous post I have done few tasks and learned a lot of things. Generally, I was reading and thinking about WDM’s PnP handling concepts. In general, I’ve improved my understanding of PnP and also learned about remove synchronization. Also I’ve investigated some corner cases and problems of WDM related remove synchronization topic. I think this learning is definitely a big investment into my future as NT driver developer.
Having rewritten all of the functions that I implemented and modified some of the functions that already existed before I started on this project at the end of last week, I now had to start flushing all of the bugs that invariably exist after a rewrite.
The major issue I dealt with this past week revolved around properly handling a TDI_LISTEN.
Last week ended with my realization that lwIP was not thread-safe, and me reading up on various ways to get around that.
Overwriting Files Continues
This week has been pretty uneventful. I wrote a function to shrink the allocation size of an attribute and another to migrate a resident attribute to non-resident. The former seems to be working, the latter still needs some work.